Here’s how to build an easy DIY FITA Target Stand for practicing and improving your handgun skills.
BUILDING A FITA TARGET STAND
The simple target stand uses 2 x 4’s and a few 1 x 4-inch hardwood. The legs can fold into itself with a couple of loose cross member attachments that make it rigid. The build can be done in roughly a day with common carpentry tools.
- Measure the four holes as shown in the diagram and drill the holes.
- Build the front legs by attaching the top and bottom cross members.
- Measure the two holes as shown in the diagram and drill the holes.
- Attach the cross member.
- Cut both the notches on the rear legs with a router or chisel.
- Drill the four holes for the bolts as shown on the diagram.
- Cut both the 45º notches halfway across on the rear end of the main cross member.
- Attach the bolts for the front and rear legs. This will serve as a hinge to make the legs fold together.
- Bridge the legs with the main cross members on both ends on matching holes. This makes the whole frame stable.
- As soon as all the frame parts are together and the bolts and nuts are tightened, set the target on the frame and the target is ready.