Here’s how to build an easy DIY FITA Target Stand for practicing and improving your handgun skills.
BUILDING A FITA TARGET STAND
Table of Contents
The simple target stand uses 2 x 4’s and a few 1 x 4-inch hardwood. The legs can fold into itself with a couple of loose cross member attachments that make it rigid. The build can be done in roughly a day with common carpentry tools.
- Measure the four holes as shown in the diagram and drill the holes.
- Build the front legs by attaching the top and bottom cross members.
- Measure the two holes as shown in the diagram and drill the holes.
- Attach the cross member.
- Cut both the notches on the rear legs with a router or chisel.
- Drill the four holes for the bolts as shown on the diagram.
- Cut both the 45º notches halfway across on the rear end of the main cross member.
- Attach the bolts for the front and rear legs. This will serve as a hinge to make the legs fold together.
- Bridge the legs with the main cross members on both ends on matching holes. This makes the whole frame stable.
- As soon as all the frame parts are together and the bolts and nuts are tightened, set the target on the frame and the target is ready.
Want to use this infographic on your site?