Here are 8 ways to make the fun archery games – and improve your accuracy!
Table of Contents
- EXPLODING TARGETS
- FRUIT ARCHERY
- FLOATING TARGET
- ARCHER PIÑATA
- HOLLOW BULLSEYE
- POP BALLOONS
- SHATTER SHOOTER
Easy prep work for the targets and an exciting motivator to hit the balloons.
- Use a funnel to partly fill the balloon with powder. You can add a bit of glitter for some color in the explosion.
- Inflate the balloon with air and pin it on the target.
- Stand away from the target as much as you can to avoid the powder from getting to your eyes as the balloons explode.
This came right from a video game (of all places). It’s as easy as setting up fruit targets and make sure to have sandbags or hay to catch the arrows in case of a miss or whenever the arrow goes through the fruits.
What other way to make a more challenging target than ones that are small and moving in mid-air. A little bit of construction is required to make the contraption to make the ball float.
The idea is similar to fruit targets but will take a team effort to break the piñata. Inserting a few balloons inside the donkey and shooting multiple arrows at the same time, an explosive piñata is in the works!
This makes the regular bullseye target even more challenging. Having a tube at the center of the target will require any shooter to make a straight shot to catch the bullseye.
This game reminds me of a carnival where I had to throw darts at a board in order to pop balloons and win a prize. What you do is inflate some balloons to various degrees—making sure that some of the balloons are larger and others are smaller. Tape them to a goal and see who can shoot the most balloons.
You may value the various size balloons and keep track of them by color. For example, all your small balloons are red, medium balloons are green, and big balloons are blue.
- Inflate three different sizes of balloons.
- Assign point values to the balloon’s size (for example, 10, 20, and 30 points)
- Fix balloons to a target
- Each archer fires one arrow at a time at the target.
- If the archers pop a balloon, it adds to their score.
- When all of the balloons have been popped, add up the points.
While this game may generate a lot of trash, it is an excellent method to get rid of old ornaments rather than putting them away. Spend a fun night with your family shooting at old Christmas ornaments on a target. When someone scores, you may fill the ornaments with glitter or something to make the shot more exciting. If you don’t have ornaments, consider investing in some clay targets. Clay targets are most often seen in competition shooting events. They’re easy to break, and the majority of the brands I’ve seen are biodegradable. So there’s no worry to clean.
- Hang antique ornaments or clay targets on target
- Each archer shoots one arrow at a time.
- A partial shatter is considered to be half of a point (or however you want to score it)
- After all of the ornaments or clay targets are destroyed, add up the score
- The archer who has the most hits wins
A horse is a game that is often played on a basketball court, but the archery version may be just as much fun. To begin, have everyone take a shot at the target, with the archer who is closest to the bullseye going first.
- The first archer determines the shooting conditions (distance, arrow location, angle, etc.) and shoots their arrow
- If the first archer achieves his or her aim, every subsequent archer must also make that shot or accept a letter (the first letter is “H”)
- If the first archer fails to hit the target, the next archer will inspect the circumstances and take a shot
- An archer racks up enough letters to spell “HORSE” and is eliminated.
- The last archer is the winner
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How can I make archery more fun?
One of the most enjoyable and simplest archery games to set up is POPPING BALLOONS. No matter what your age, everyone loves to pop balloons. Hang the balloons on the target and pop away!
What is a target game?
Players in target games compete to see who can hit the target first. Players must send an object toward a target while avoiding any obstacles. By playing these games, players will acquire the basic abilities and tactics needed for games such as Croquet, Golf, Archery, Boccia, Curling, and Bowling.
Want to use this infographic on your site?